Sphinx and The Cursed Mummy is an original 3rd person action-adventure inspired by the mythology of ancient Egypt. Travelling the world via magical portals to foil the evil plans of Set. Sphinx’s Journey will require all his wits, agility, and special powers. He will also rely on his reluctant hero friend, The Mummy, to help when being inconspicuous is the only solution. By finding the stolen magical crowns of Egypt, Sphinx can stop Set and save the world.
Full list of things that have been worked on for this release:
– Support for arbitrary resolutions and widescreen (HD, 4K and beyond), native multi-sampling anti-aliasing (MSAA) and anisotropic filtering (AF) for crisp details at 60 frames per second.
– Rewritten 3D graphics engine in portable and modern OpenGL 3+, based on the original Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions, supporting volumetric soft particles.
– Rewritten audio subsystem for cross-platform reverb and realistic distance scaling, together with stereo, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 and HRTF sound output thanks to the new OpenAL Soft back-end.
– Optional support for Xbox-style controllers with force feedback.
– Plug-and-play; the player can switch between mouse/keyboard and controller during gameplay at any given time.
– Full keyboard and mouse support. Added support to the interface so that buttons can be clicked and lists can be scrolled. The camera can be controlled with the mouse.
– The game is based on the PAL version of the original game, fixing the notorious savegame bug of the NTSC version.
– Fixed several graphical and collision-related issues that weren’t previously visible at lower screen resolutions.
– Restored HD textures, carefully repainted several GUI elements to remove pillar-boxing and cover the widescreen areas while respecting and following the original artwork.
– No GUI or HUD stretching.
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 32 or 64 bit
Processor: Intel or AMD 1.5 GHz supporting SSE2 instructions
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 3.0 Core Profile compatible like GeForce 8600
Storage: 1 GB available space